Home > Town > Town Clerk

Town Clerk/Collector/Records Management Officer

Ryan F. Pereira

Town Clerk/Collector

607 432 2900 x01 | 607 386 4816 fax
M-TH Hours: 09:00am - 03:00pm
Fri. Hours: 09:00am- Noon
Term Expires: 12/31/25



Records Advisory Board

Supervisor ~ Town Attorney ~ Town Clerk


Frequently Asked Questions

Where do I get a copy of my birth certificate?

If you were born at Fox Hospital - see the clerk at City Hall. 
If you were born at home in the town of Oneonta - see the clerk at the Town of Oneonta Hall.

What do I need to get a marriage license?

Visit www.health.ny.gov. See Forms to print then send/bring to your municipal clerk along with picture identification, certified birth certificate and divorce papers if applicable. Both parties must be present.

How do I obtain copies of birth/death/marriage records?

Visit www.health.ny.gov. See Forms to print then send/bring to your municipal clerk.

When does the Town Board meet?

Second Wednesday of the month at 7:00 pm.

When are my taxes due?

Property taxes are due January 31st. School taxes are due September 30th. 

What do I need to get my dog licensed?

Proof of rabies vaccination certificate, spay / neutering certificate if applicable. License must be renewed each year. For more information about dog ownership in the Town of Oneonta, please click here.

How do I contact Animal Control?

Dog Control is not available 24 hrs. Please call the following numbers and leave a message: 293-7560, 544-4151 or the Town Clerk at 432-2900. 

Who provides shelter for dogs in the Town?

Susquehanna Animal Shelter (SAS). They can be reached at 607-547-5811 or 607-547-8224

What happens to loose dogs that are picked up by the Animal Control?

They are taken to Susquehanna Animal Shelter and kept for 5, 7, OR 9 days or until it is claimed. To claim the dog, contact Susquehanna Animal Shelter at 607-547-8111 or 607-547-8224, show your license and rabies certificates, and pay a fine. For more information about dog ownership in the Town of Oneonta, please click here.


*Paying Your Bill

You can now pay online using:
  • Check
  • Money Order
  • Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express (service fee will apply, see below)
  • Electronic Check Payments (service fee will apply, see below)
pay online credit card logos

Electronic Check Payments

Oneonta Town Clerk now accepts electronic check payments using our online payment service. Payments will be charged to your checking or savings account at your bank. You will need your 9-digit routing number, as well as your account number from your personal checks (see example below). A per transaction service fee of $1.50 will be charged by the payment processing company for this service. IMPORTANT: When Payment Options appear, click on the "Switch to Pay with Check" link and then continue entering your information. credit card logos
*The fee for credit cards is 2.65% or $1.50 minimum, whichever is greater. The fee for eChecks is a flat fee of $1.50.